Asbestos Law Firms
Choosing the right asbestos law firm is an important and personal decision.
An asbestos law firm or a mesothelioma law firm is one in which the partners and associates file claims on behalf of people afflicted with asbestos-related illnesses, such as mesothelioma. Firms practicing this type of law develop a deep understanding of the details involved in asbestos litigation and in bringing justice to the victims of this devastating disease.
The laws governing torts (civil actions), under which asbestos litigation falls, can be complex. Different states have different statutes, and important elements, such as the burden of proof, may be more rigorous in some states than in others. It is advisable to work with an asbestos law firm attorney because these attorneys keep up with the latest research, legal opinions, and case law involving mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. Some asbestos law firms, like Sokolove Law and our co-counsel, maintain databases of information related to the asbestos industry.
An asbestos lawyer or asbestos exposure lawyer must master the many complexities associated with a mesothelioma lawsuit. It is important for the asbestos attorney to identify not only where asbestos exposure took place but also who made the asbestos containing product. Many of these manufacturers were acquired by other corporations; a parent company under a different name may be held liable.
Why Choose a National Asbestos Law Firm?
Sokolove Law is not limited to filing mesothelioma cases in certain states. As a national asbestos law firm, we will file wherever your claim can best be litigated, maximizing the value of your case.
Tips for Choosing an Asbestos Law Firm
When considering legal action, it is wise to interview the lawyer and investigate their record. Ask your potential mesothelioma lawyer questions such as:
- How many years experience does this asbestos law firm have?
- Will they take a case on a contingency basis?
- Will your calls be returned in a timely manner and your questions answered clearly?
- How many mesothelioma (not just asbestos) cases has this asbestos law firm handled?
- Will your case be handled on an individual basis, or "bundled" with similar cases? (This may hurt you if your case is a strong one but can be helpful to weaker cases).
- What were the usual outcomes (out-of-court settlement, win, loss, appeal)?
- Does the asbestos law firm have a network of mesothelioma lawyers nationwide who will share their research and expertise to build a solid case on your behalf?
- Will the asbestos law firm be handling your case personally? (At times asbestos law firms may refer your case to another firm that may be better suited to help in your situation - often providing you with the services of both their firm and another at no extra cost to you.)
Remember, it's in your best interest to be comfortable with the asbestos law firm and attorneys that handle your case.
Sokolove Law is an asbestos law firm and our staff of experienced lawyers and paralegals can answer your questions about filing a mesothelioma lawsuit. Request a free consultation today.