Mesothelioma Legal Help: How to Get It
Getting the mesothelioma legal help you need is easy when you work with Sokolove Law, one of the nation’s leading asbestos law firms. There are two ways to contact us about mesothelioma legal help:
- By phone: A representative will take your contact information and ask a few quick questions to make sure your call is handled appropriately.
- By submitting the free case evaluation form: A mesothelioma case manager will review your form and get in touch with you.
Mesothelioma Legal Help: Common Questions
Your case manager will ask you questions about your potential claim to determine the best mesothelioma legal help for you. Mesothelioma litigation is a complex process and should be handled by a qualified mesothelioma attorney who is familiar with mesothelioma law. To answer these questions easily and get the mesothelioma legal help you need, have the following documents available:
- Medical records with diagnosis
- Documentation with cause of death listed (if applicable)
It is not necessary to have these documents to begin, but they will be a helpful resource in answering common questions such as:
- Who was diagnosed, when, and with what asbestos related disease?
- What is the victim’s work history? Military service history?
- Has anyone else in your family ever worked around asbestos?
When you call, you are welcome to ask our case managers any questions about mesothelioma legal help, your case, or topics such as getting mesothelioma facts and participating in asbestos awareness activities.
Once your case manager gathers the necessary information, our attorneys will review it to determine how to get you the proper mesothelioma legal help. If we are able to proceed with a lawsuit, we will send a member of our Trial Team to meet with you—usually within 24 hours. There is no cost to you for this meeting.
Mesothelioma Legal Help: Trial Team Visit
During the visit, your Trial Team member will answer your questions regarding mesothelioma and legal help, or put you in touch with someone who can — often over the phone during that same visit.
Your trial team member will also:
- Guide you through medical, Social Security, and military authorization forms you’ll need to read and sign. The fee agreement will also be explained.
- Gather more details medical and work history details. Have these documents handy for the visit.
After the paperwork is signed, your trial team member will review it and assign your claim to your mesothelioma legal team. You will meet your team and get to ask additional questions about the mesothelioma legal help you need. Your team will enlist any necessary experts, investigate (if necessary) the asbestos products that may have caused the disease, and confirm the link between your asbestos exposure and your mesothelioma diagnosis.
Once confirmed, your team will:
- File a claim on your behalf with the help of a mesothelioma lawyer.
- Continue to build the evidence to support your claims.
- Take your testimony.
Finally, if we are offered a mesothelioma settlement on your behalf, your team will:
- Advise you of the details and only sign off if you agree to the terms.
- If necessary, try your case in court. This is extremely rare.